I have a weapon you need!
One DIY product you can have in your arsenal is a Grapefruit Cellulite Sugar Scrub. This scrub only uses three ingredients and it is quick to make. This is great to use yourself or give as gifts. It is true that you can purchase sugar scrubs but often they contain irritating ingredients. These chemical ingredients, in turn, strips our bodies of all natural oils and leaves our skin dry. An additional bonus is that homemade scrubs are seriously cheaper.
This natural sugar scrub will gently exfoliate our skin allowing our moisturizer to penetrate deeply in our skin. Ditch the chemical brands which are not healthy for us or the environment. Making your own scrub eliminates all the extra plastic containers that we would acquire each time we made a purchase. We all know plastic does not go away. In this recipe we use glass. When the container is empty simply reuse it to make another batch.
- 1/2 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 20 Drops Young Living Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Glass container
Let’s Make Sugar Scrub
- In a glass bowl add your sugar.
- Then in a small pot melt the coconut oil.
- Pour melted coconut oil over the sugar, mix well.
- Combined about 20 drops of Young Living Grapefruit essential oil (you can add more or less to your preference) mix thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients to your jar and cover with lid.
That’s it! Of course, you could make a simple or fancy label if you wish to.
When showering use a small amount all over your body or just targeted areas (you decide). Rub in a circular motion to help improve circulation. Rinse and enjoy the silky feeling of your soft skin.
Note: Do not use citrus essential oil and then go out into the sun, they can make your skin photosensitive.