Anybody can have regular ketchup on hand, but only a few will be offering this flavor bursting fermented ketchup. Bonus: the health benefits of being fermented and you control the ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- Quart-sized mason jar or two pints size jars
- 2 – 6-ounce containers tomato paste
- 1 – 15-ounce container of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (Organic and labeled traditionally brewed)
- 1/4 cup of whey
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup (actually not quite a half a cup)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder or flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- (Organic ingredients is possible)
- Combine all ingredients and blend well
- Fill Mason jar leaving a one-inch headspace.
- Cap jar – leave at room temperature for about 2 days
- Move to refrigerator
This will last for many months in the refrigerator.
Spice up your meals with this exciting Fermented Ketchup.