Fermented mustard is one of those super easy and fast ferments to get started with. If you have been fermenting it is a great addition.
What you’ll need:
- Pint-size mason jar
- 1/2 cup of mustard seeds (I like to use half black and half yellow – you choose)
- 1/3 cup of filtered, spring or other water, not tap water
- 2 tbsp. whey
- 1 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves minced
- Partly grind the mustard seeds
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and process more to combine.
- Add additional water if necessary for the desired consistency
- Cap tightly
- Leave at room temperature for 3 days then place in the refrigerator.
This is the good stuff, no junk added 🙂
Some people like to add apple cider vinegar when making mustard. If you do then you are really not doing Lacto-fermentation. If you really like the added taste you can add some after the fermenting process.