- 4 to 6 sweet potatoes depending on size (enough to fill your pan)
- Half a sweet onion chopped
- 4 or 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tea thyme
- 1/4 tea red pepper flakes, if you like it hot add more
- 1 tea Celtic sea salt
- Lots of fresh ground pepper
- 9×13 baking dish
- 2 to 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (preferred organic)
With all recipes, you can adjust the spices to fit your palate. The heat from the red pepper flakes I find quite yummy, however, it’s too spicy for my husband.
Mark who gave me the recipe stated to put Lots of red pepper flakes, the 1/4 teaspoon worked well for me. I also added the onion, what can I say, onion seemed like a must 🙂
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1″ cubes (Make it extra fancy and use a crinkle cutter – the ridges catch all the spices)
- Melt coconut oil and pour over cubes in 9 x 13″ pan, toss to coat
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix well to evenly coat sweet potatoes
- Bake uncovered @ 375 degrees for about one hour, tuning every 20 minutes.
Thank you, Mark Thomas, for sharing this mouthwatering sweet potato recipe. Adapted from Apples of Gold.