Instead of making traditional potato pancakes, take a walk on the wild side. Create a flavor-packed root vegetable pancake that will blow your socks off.
What you’ll need:
- Sweet potato
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- Beet, red or golden
- Daikon radish
- 2 eggs
- 1 tea. Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tea. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Eikcorn flour
- Quality fat like olive oil, butter or lard
- Peel sweet potato, onion, and garlic
- Scrub or peel the rest of the vegetables, I scrub
- Shred veggies using a food processor with a shredding disc
- Using a large bowl mix shredded vegetables with eggs, salt, pepper, and flour
- Mix well
- Heat a large frying pan to medium and add oil to prevent sticking, use more as needed.
- Scoop no more than a 1/4 cup of mixture and flatten out
- Cook until brown about 3 minutes per side, flip and brown
Serve plain or with sour cream or pimii cream.
You can get creative with this dish.
Change up the ingredients:
- add a turnip
- use only sweet potatoes, Yukon potatoes, onion and garlic
- add some zucchini to lighten up the pancakes
- remove some of the veggies in the ingredient list
- use a larger amount of some vegetables and less of others
- add some herbs
Post your favorite combination for making veggies pancakes so we all can try them.