Have you ever felt like your skin was just there? Not glowing, soft or toned but it functioned well by covering your body lol.
Well believe it or not the simple truth is all you need to do is exfoliate.
What is Exfoliating?
- The short and sweet of it is the process of removing dead dried skin cells from the surface of our body.
- Deep cleansing of your pores
- Smooths the skin’s surface
Why should we exfoliate? The golden question.
- Eliminates infected and clogged pores
- Smooths the texture of the skin
- Minimizes whiteheads (we don’t want those, right?)
- Promotes blood circulation
- Radiant, softer skin (that’s all I need to know)
- Fades dark spots
- Allows moisture to penetrate deeply hydrating the skin
- Reduces fine lines
Okay, so I got your attention and you’re ready to learn more. The beauty of it all is that exfoliating is a simple and quick step to add to your routine.
What means can you exfoliate your skin?
- Physical scrubbing – loofa, scrub containing nuts, coffee grounds, honey and sugar, Scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and essential oils, textured sponge, natural bristle brush
- Chemical peels/exfoliation (personally I don’t understand why we should apply chemicals to our skin, our body absorbs them. In my book that is not the healthiest choice.) The thought of applying different types of acid to my face and body just rubs me wrong. For our family, we choose more natural ways.
Where should we exfoliate?
- The face – forehead, nose, chin (T-zone)
- Extra attention to elbows, heels, and knees
It is a great idea to take a hot bath or shower to open up your pores to help clean an remove the dead skin cells. Let your skin radiate, exfoliate.
- Don’t exfoliate too much at once, work into it (you don’t want to irritate your skin)
- Regular basis
- Often a couple time a week is enough
Now that you are ready to start the process here are a few more things to take into consideration.
- Be very gentle on your face
- Use circular motions
- Pat dry your skin after showering or bathing
- Apply a quality moisturizer to lock in moisture
What’s my favorite kind of exfoliation? No better pedicure than a walk on the beach!