Homemade pasta sauce is the best. Try it, you will love it!
What you’ll need:
- Large pot
- 1 can Fire-roasted diced tomatoes 28 oz. (Muir Glen organic is what I use)
- 2 cans or jars of tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 portabella mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 garlic minced
- Butter to saute
- Fresh basil (one piece with 3 to 4 leaves on it)
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Melt butter in a pot
- Saute onions and mushrooms
- After a few minutes add the garlic for another couple of minutes
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for at least an hour, two is even better
- Remove basil before serving
- Serve over hot pasta and enjoy!