With a few extra ingredients, you will be serving the best burgers in town. This is not your average burger.
What you’ll need:
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 pound of ground beef (preferred grass-fed)
- 1 cup freshly ground sourdough bread crumbs (1/2 cup of dried bread crumbs)
- 1 medium sweet onion finely chopped or processed in a food processor
- 1/3 cup of ketchup (or 1/3 cup of my fermented ketchup – loaded with flavor)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Add all ingredients to the bowl
- Mix well to combine
- Make hamburger patties – about 6
- Cook on grill for about 5 minutes per side or until done
Enjoy your burger on a plate or bun. Dress it up if you wish.
Add any of the following to your mixing bowl: shredded cheese, red pepper flakes, chopped hot pepper, a squirt of mustard, shredded carrot for some sweetness, you get it – Get Creative!