Yes, you can make uniquely flavor olive oils in your kitchen. Simple and elegant!
What you’ll need:
- Glass bottle with a top
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dried minced onions
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all your spices in your bottle
- Fill with olive oil, leave at least one-inch headspace for mixing
- Label with ingredients
- Store in a cool dark place for about 2 weeks
- Shake the bottle daily to infuse flavor
Other flavor profiles using all dried herbs:
- Rosemary and garlic
- Chilli peppers and garlic (yep I love garlic)
- oregano, basil, garlic, and dried tomatoes flakes
Now get creative and use the flavored olive oil. Try it on a specialty pizza you made by drizzling it on after baking, make some dipped oil for bread, or add a splash to any meal before serving.
Important Note: For health reasons only use dried herbs. There is a possible risk of botulism when using fresh ingredients.