It’s easy for anybody to make a bottle of flavored infused olive oil as an edible gift or simply to get your chef on.
From cooking to dipping sauces for bread, sandwiches, and snacks of all kinds; it’s safe to say we only touched the surface for the various uses of edible flavored olive oils. There are many uses, such as.
- Dipping oil for bread
- Drizzle over cream soup
- Drizzle over roasted vegetables
- Add some zip to your popcorn
- Use on your salad
- Top off your baked potato
- Use for making kale chips
- Top off some flatbread
- Add extra flavor to your main dish after cooking
You get the idea, get creative.
Many specialty stores sell a variety of flavored decorative oils at a premium because of their logo and brand use. How about buying your fancy bottles at a fraction of the price to create a deliciously flavored oil that’s simple, cheap, and tasty.
Basic Instructions: Infusing Flavor into Olive Oil
What you need to get started
In this recipe, we will only be using dried herbs and spices for both health reasons and longer shelf life.
- Buy bottles
- Collect bottles
- Small and large empty wine bottles are useful
- Clean glass entirely inside and out
- After washing leave bottles upside down to get all water out
- Inside needs to be completely dry before using
- Choose some dried herbs and spices (organic if possible)
- Purchase some olive oil (My preference is organic extra virgin olive oil)
- Ribbon, twine, flowers for decorations (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of the following dried herbs
- granulated garlic
- minced onion
- bay leaf
- red pepper flakes
- black peppercorns
- Add all your spices to the bottle
- Fill with your olive oil and cap tightly
- Place in a cool dark place for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Shake container daily
- That’s it; mission accomplished
Flavor Profiles to Consider
Add your dried herbs and spices.
Then top off with your oil. Don’t forget to label your oil.
- Dried chili pepper and dried minced garlic
- Variety of peppercorns (white, black, green, pink)
- Dried rosemary and dried minced garlic
- Dried oregano, minced garlic and dried tomatoes (How about some Italian flavor)
- Dried basil
- Dried garlic and fennel seeds
- Dried rosemary