Do you have pets? We do, and even if you don’t sometimes the carpet needs to be freshened up in between carpet cleanings. Because of the dogs and the fact I like to sit on the floor I like to use a deodorizer that works without harmful health effects.
Eliminating Odors is simple and effective.
What you’ll need:
- Glass jar with lid
- 2 cups baking soda
- Essential oils 10 to 20 drops (or dried herbs)
- Add half the baking soda to the jar
- Then add your essential oil (some good choices are Purification, lemon, citrus fresh, lavender)
- Cap the jar and shake
- Remove lid add the remainder of baking soda
- Screw-on lid and shake
- Sprinkle on carpet lightly
- Leave on overnight or at least 2 hours
Note: When not in using the deodorizer I put a canning lid under my cap to retain freshness. If you don’t have a sprinkle top you can use a canning lid then poke holes in it to use, then replace it with a canning lid (or stack the lids when storing).
When using essential oils I only use Young Living Brand. After researching I feel that the quality of their products is most important.